Long-term recovery requires some of the most diligent work of our lives. In addition to not picking up a drink or a drug, we regularly make efforts to improve ourselves. This can seem like a daunting task. One must have faith that if he or she sticks with their program of recovery, they will find …
Tag: staying positive
- Filed under Getting Sober
Imagine a scenario where all your friends are jumping off a cliff. If everyone jumps, do you jump as well? We know that the correct answer is supposed to be: “No, never! I am an independent thinker, and other people have no influence over me.” However, the truthful answer is, yeah, maybe you do jump. …
- Filed under Recovery
It can be dangerous spending too much time comparing ourselves to others. Whether we realize it or not, ever since we were children, we’ve been holding ourselves to standards and accomplishments of other people. Whether it’s our parents, our siblings, our friends, co-workers, or even strangers who we just think are doing better than we …
- Alcohol Abuse Is More Complicated (And Dangerous) Than You May Think…
- Why Good Nutrition Is Important To Your Recovery
- The Dry Drunk
- Giving Yourself Time To Recover
- Acceptance & Change
- What Is Holistic Addiction Treatment?
- Addicted To Gaming
- Dissociation & Addiction
- The Influence Of Friends On What You Think & Do
- Addiction: Are YOU At Risk?
- Why You Need To Make Sure To Get Enough Sleep
- Why Low Information People Always Think They’re Right
- Cannabis Dependence Disorder
- Do You Have ADHD?
- Welcome To The Family…Disease
- Comparing Ourselves To Others
- Know Someone With An Eating Disorder?
- Can An Addict Change?